Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client filed form 114

INGIT
Level 2

client already filed their own form 114 - do i answer yes or no on sched b part 7a

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I mark 7a yes and 7b yes and input the country code, but I dont activate the 114 within ProSeries.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
sjrcpa
Level 15

Yes

Ex-AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Just answer the questions.

You may have some 8938 requirements as well....did they give you  a copy of the 114 they filed?

Ive got a client with oodles of money in Korea, he files his own FBAR and sends me the copy so I can do the 8938

INGIT
Level 2

Thanks Lisa - I know about the 8938 requirement and already did that one - i get it. 

Client gave me two emails (two accounts) from cm.bsaefiling@fincen/gov acknowledging receipt of submission w/BSA Identifier number xxxx  ...  not an actual copy of the Form 114. 

If I click 'yes' on B III 7a Form 114 defaults me as preparing and filing the 114 - which doesn't seem right to me. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I mark 7a yes and 7b yes and input the country code, but I dont activate the 114 within ProSeries.

INGIT
Level 2

Follow up question to 'client submits own Form 114'.  Do I need to attach copy of clients 114 (or in my case email of acknowledgement from Treasury) to clients return? 

I think 'not' - but want to be sure.  Doing my Due Diligence.  thanks

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

No attachment needed.

sjrcpa
Level 15

Even if you did prepare the FinCen 114 it doesn't go with the 1040. It's a separate filing.

Ex-AllStar
INGIT
Level 2

Thanks.  My understanding is that 'if' the 114 is prepared by me it is attached to the 1040, and  forwarded to Treasury by IRS.  ? 

0 Cheers
INGIT
Level 2

As I thought.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If you had prepared it, it would be a separate filing, it still wouldnt be attached to the 1040.

INGIT
Level 2

You are correct - thanks

0 Cheers