Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot delete form 2210 that is not required. Less than $1000-no penalty. Cannot print return due to form delay!

fallbrookian
Level 3

Client does not require a penalty form 2210, I have check the box Do not owe a penalty. I can't delete it. I have tried and tried. Due to Pro Series delayed update to accept the form 2210 until February 25, 2021, I cannot print the return. I have 15 returns on hold all due to this form. Why can I not delete this form if it is not required. 

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
IRonMaN
Level 15

Does entering a zero on the form for the prior year tax take care of the issue for you?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
fallbrookian
Level 3

No it doesn't. If you check #3 (have IRS figure the penalty) you can at least E-file apparently. Customer support said cannot be deleted and will continue to show as a error. You can however, print out the return and remove that sheet if it isn't needed. All other returns that actually require a 2210 have to wait for the update supposedly 2/25. Not sure why the delay on this form. Again, Lacerte has update their software - no error messages.  

0 Cheers