Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open ProSeries 2020 Error Message "Index was outside the bound of the array".

Mike Reed
Level 2

I can't open ProSeries 2020. I receive an Error Message "Index was outside the bound of the array". I can open other years, but not the 2020 version. I can't find any help online for the issue as it relates to ProSeries. I have gone through two customer service reps and also spoke to Microsoft (windows operation system) but the issue is still not resolved.

I have uninstalled, rebooted, to no avail. Any help is appreciated. 

Mike 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mike Reed
Level 2

Hieu provided me an answer off line that resolved the issue. Thank you everyone for you input and help.

Mike 

View solution in original post

37 Comments 37
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I googled that message, doesn't appear to be an Intuit message.  Looks more like a Windows coding error.  But since its only happening with PS 2020, Id try using REPAIR UPDATES from the ProSeries 2020 Programs menu...maybe you got some kind of corrupt installation file on the most recent PS update...this would flush out all prior updates and download fresh.

@Orlando have you seen this before?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Mike Reed
Level 2

Capture.PNG

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I tagged an Intuit engineer above...but I cant find any other reports of this error with ProSeries, so my guess its its some kind of conflict with Windows....that message is all over google as a coding error, but no mention of Intuit.

Did you attempt the Repair Updates?

Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

Could you please zip the logs folder from c:\prowin20\32bit, and email it to proseries_engineering@intuit.com

Mike Reed
Level 2

Hi Hieu. Please tell me what you mean by "the logs" and I will provide this information to you. I really appreciate the help and support.

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

The 'logs' folder under c:\prowin32\32bit

explorer_KDYhFvGL9l.png

0 Cheers
Genxtax
Level 2

Hi Hieu,

I just emailed to you as a zip file. Thank you, and the community,for your help.

Mike 

Genxtax
Level 2

Hi Lisa,

I can't open 2020, so I can't try the fix you suggested. I appreciate the help.

Mike 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

It seems to work best with Proseries closed...this is a screen shot for 2019, but 2020 has the same option in the Windows programs menu.

repair2019updates.png

Genxtax
Level 2

Hi Lisa, good information and thank you for the suggestion. However, I gave it a try, but still the same result.

0 Cheers
Mike Reed
Level 2

Hieu provided me an answer off line that resolved the issue. Thank you everyone for you input and help.

Mike 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Could you maybe add the "fix" tho this thread and mark it as Solved so in case anyone else has this issue, they can find the answer?

0 Cheers
Mike Reed
Level 2

I was told to delete the hb.db and customviews.xml from the Homebase folder & relaunch PS  again. It worked!  Homebase view.PNG

bmg
Level 1

WELL THAT DOESEN'T DO THE REST OF US ANY GOOD???

0 Cheers
bmg
Level 1

And how do we get to the program menu if ProSeries 2020 does not start?

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

You do the deleting via file explorer (as is shown in the answer posted by @Mike Reed  ), NOT thru the program itself.  

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Look at the post right above yours, Mike explained how he fixed it.

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

Hello @bmg! Had you tried to remove CustomViews.xml as suggested above?

If you are still running into the issue, could you please email us (proseries_engineering@intuit.com) your CustomViews.xml file.

Thanks,

-Hieu

ldouglas
Level 1

I am getting the message "Index outside the bounds of the array" when attempting to launch Proseries 2020. I've seen a few other posts about it but cant seem to get to the solution that was offered. Any help will be appreciated.

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

Could you please update to the latest ProSeries? We had a release on 9/22 which supposes to address the issue. Thanks!

0 Cheers
TaxLady1_
Level 1

How do you update without opening intuit proseries.

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

@TaxLady1_ 

you can run update ProSeries from the Windows' menu as shown in the attached image

IhQqphDj9I.png

pacfanab
Level 2

I'm having this issue today - followed the solution in the original post.   Did not work -- Ran update on ProSeries and tools repair.....still doesn't work -- HELP!

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

Are you available sometime today for a zoom session? If you do, please send an email to proseries_engineering@intuit.com, and include the URL of this thread in the email (https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/forums/replypage/board-id/203/message-id/96385).

0 Cheers
Befuddled
Level 1

Today is 12/20/21. Just sent email to Pro Series Engineering.  Not one of the solutions offered in the thred helped in any way.  Stuck.  Can't print client labels for mailing to go out a week from now.  Can't offer Clients updates on estimated taxes.  Very upset. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Youre not the original poster, right? Are you getting the index outside of array message also? or is your situation different?

0 Cheers
APCPA
Level 1

I had this same problem today.  Tried the fix “ delete the hb.db and customviews.xml from the Homebase folder & relaunch PS “ and repaired all updates.  That did not fix the problem.

I uninstalled the windows update KB5008212 Security update for windows installed 12/15/21 and now Pro Series 2020 is working again.

Pro Series, can we get an update to fix this so I can reinstall the windows security update?

0 Cheers
APCPA
Level 1

Check to see if windows installed a security update on your computer last week.  I uninstalled the one that installed on mine last week and Pro Series started working again.

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

@APCPA 

Sorry to about the issue? Could you please send us your contact info to proseries_engineering@intuit.com? We will reach out to you for troubleshooting.

Thanks!

-Hieu

abctax55
Level 15

@Intuit_hieu 

@Befuddled is the newest poster with an issue.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Befuddled
Level 1

I can OPEN proseries but all my client database is missing!  All I did was uninstall the Windows update.  Please let me know what you need EXACTLY and I'll send.

0 Cheers
KK16
Level 3

Today is 1-10-22 - I am having the exact same issues as you.  I have followed this thread and done everything in this thread that has been instructed to do.  Still getting the error message "Index was outside the bounds of the array."

Any other help would be appreciated.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Intuit_hieu  heres another one for you!

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

@Befuddled are you still having issue? if you do please run to repopulate the Homebase. Sorry for the late response

W3osQWx2jG.png

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

@KK16 Could you please send your contact info to proseries_engineering@intuit.com. Sorry for the trouble.

0 Cheers
KK16
Level 3

I sent my contact info to the email address you provided.

Thank you very much!

0 Cheers
hnouri
Level 2

I tried the information provided on this website, but nothing worked out. I saw my 2020 QuickBooks needs updates. After updating my QuickBooks, everything is working now.

0 Cheers