Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Economic stimulus payment

Greta
Level 9

Any guesses as to whether we will be adding the 2nd stimulus to the stimulus worksheet?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Any guesses as to whether the president will sign the new 2nd stimulus bill? My guess is that IF the payments go out before year end, the answer to your question will be a YES, but when? 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
George4Tacks
Level 15

Any guesses as to whether the president will sign the new 2nd stimulus bill? My guess is that IF the payments go out before year end, the answer to your question will be a YES, but when? 

IRonMaN
Level 15

"Any guesses as to whether the president will sign the new 2nd stimulus bill?"

I don't know if he will have time to do that.  I heard that he is down the basement still counting votes and doesn't have time for that kinda stuff.  

At least the good news is, Congress got this done early enough in the year to allow for the IRS to update its forms in plenty of time for tax season. 😬

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

But he did think it was important to sign legislation saying federal buildings will use classical architecture. 

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Everybody has their priorities 🙄

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

How long does it take to read 5,593 pages of new legislation

IRonMaN
Level 15

I think it takes about the same amount of time as reading 5,594 pages of old legislation.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

I heard that it is longer than the entire Harry Potter series of books.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
sjrcpa
Level 15

Those were easy reads.

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

Susan, and enjoyable..... 

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
psaund9860
Level 3

Any guesses as to whether we will be adding the 2nd stimulus to the stimulus worksheet?

Greta:  I cannot find the "solution to the answer"  Did you get the answer?

0 Cheers
Greta
Level 9

Yes, the economic stimulus worksheet seems to enter the two payments separately. If a client did not get the maximum, but is eligible in 2020 to additional stimulus, it is being given via the worksheet. My problem is for those who got some funds, but not all, for them to tell me precisely how much they got.

0 Cheers