Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quickbooks Online import into Proseries

txalfieri
Level 1

Got an email on 1/19/23 from Proseries that Proseries 2022 now supports QBO import with the latest release.    Also, QBO import is referenced here:  https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/what-s-new-in-proserie...

There is an option under Import menu to Import from QBO but it is disabled.  

Called support and they told me that QBO import is not supported based on their info.  Showed them the email and the above link, but they could not provide any info about availability, etc.

I updated PS 2022, refreshed updates and finally, reinstalled product.  Still not enabled.

Anyone have any info on when this will actually be available?  

0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
IRonMaN
Level 15

I probably can answer since I am familiar with Intuit announcements:

"This feature will be available in a future update"

They have never been very good at providing dates so that you can plan accordingly.

Slava Ukraini!
Edward727
Level 2

When I try to import from Quickbooks Desktop Pro 21 to any return (1120S, Sched C, etc) an immediate Error message pops up "Unable to open a connection to Quickbooks" - was on the phone twice with tech support (over 3 hours) - no help, no answer as to if it can or will be corrected.  PS I've been using this import for years, never any issues.

dkh
Level 15

I read in another post that it worked after they installed QB 2022 version.

Proseries 2022 is unable to open a connection to quickbooks 2021 - Intuit Accountants Community

IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

Hi @txalfieri , the ability to import from QBO into ProSeries is currently scheduled to be available in this week's program update.

txalfieri
Level 1

Thank you Angela

0 Cheers
Edward727
Level 2

Hi Angela - any update on the issue of Import from Quickbooks Desktop Pro 21 into ProSeries - me (and a few other users) are still getting the "Can't open a connection to Quickbooks" error message.  The software is supposed to import from QB versions 1 year before and 1 year after the current ProSeries year (according to ProSeries)

0 Cheers
roddooley
Level 2

Remove to place under correct thread

0 Cheers
roddooley
Level 2

After frustrations and the inability to wait on this connection, we implemented the use of accountingcrunch.net.  It connects to QBO and QB desktop applications and creates a trial balance file that can be imported into Proseries.  Not only does it provide the solution to connect QBO, but it addresses the issue of having to annually remap the chart of accounts for QB desktop files.  Highly recommend as it has grossly cut down on steps involved in importing a trial balance into business returns.

af-financial
Level 1

Hi @roddooley I am having the same problem, I got the accountingcrunch.net, but I am unable to make the software work, do you know of any video or instructions available? thank you in advance. 

0 Cheers
kaseyCPA
Level 3

Totally Agree - SUCKS!!

0 Cheers
kaseyCPA
Level 3

No updates that fix this as of June 1, 2023.

Officially gonna be my last year with Intuit.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@kaseyCPA Your own topic, which is for Desktop QB, is here:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/proseries-2022-is-unabl...

It helps not to post in unrelated topics about the same issue.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers