Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries 2022 is unable to open a connection to quickbooks 2021

Coop65
Level 2

When trying to tax link a company file to Pro series 2022 I am receiving an error message " unable to open a connection to Quickbooks"j

I am using 2021 QuickBooks Accountant Desktop. Operating in single user mode in QuickBooks 

Do i need to update to 2022 QuickBooks Accountant Desktop for this to work?

I am under the impression that one-year prior in QuickBooks should still allow me to link to pro series tax software.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

I think some other folks posted about that awhile back.  Sounds like it hasn't been fixed yet.

Slava Ukraini!
Coop65
Level 2

Once I updated QuickBooks from 2021 accountant to QuickBooks 2022 accountant, I was able to interface the QuickBooks file to pro series

Edward727
Level 2

Having the same issue - I also believe it works for 1 year prior & 1 year after version of Quickbooks desktop Pro version but can't get a straight answer

cathybcpa
Level 3

Was this the online version? I don't want to do Quickbooks online so I hope they're not forcing people to go that route. I only want the desktop version.

0 Cheers
Edward727
Level 2

No this is Quickbooks Desktop Pro 21 - I don't want to convert to online either; btw this is the first year I've ever had an issue with the import and coincidentally it's the first year ProSeies offers import from QuickBooks On Line.

IntuitGabi

Quickbooks Online import into Proseries will have updates on this. 
Subscribe or reply on the post to get updates. 

Thanks! 

0 Cheers