Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QBI and self employed health ins

tonycpa
Level 3

S corp & and or P k-1 has self employed health ins.   I know where and how to enter SE health ins on the k1 date entry screen.  How do I get the self employed health insurance to be subtacted from the QBI?  There appears to be many different options, absolutely no instructions, and no posts regarding thsi issue.  I am thinking the best place to enter it is manually on (as an example)  Partnership k-1 screen , Section D2 Qualified Business Income Deduction Info, line
E. 7.  Note this is after line E. 5 "self employed deductions connected to this business".  It has to be after E.5.d 1/2 se tax cause otherwise it screws up the 1/2 se tax calculation.

Main Question: Is this the best place to enter SE Health ins in regards to reducing QBI?

Second question to ProSeries.  Why do you not nave a line item under E.5 for self employe dhealth insurance, AND why is not in diagnostics or some other method of alerting the user?

Thank you.

Tony

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
sulchekmoore
Level 1

I have the same question....  did you every receive an answer ?

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15