Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparer address on instruction letter

GeorgeCPA
Level 3

I printed my first completed return and the instruction letter starts with the date and omits my address at the top.

I don't see anything in the firm settings.  My address does appear where it should on those settings.

Any tips to get that to show/print?

Thanks,

George

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GeorgeCPA
Level 3

The return in question was for a family member so I was a non-paid preparer.  The next client return it printed the address just fine.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
dascpa
Level 11

I have a custom letter for all 1040's.  Because company name, address, phone, etc. are not program dependent I entered all that information manually without codes.  If no [ ] or < > then letter will print this stuff without relying on the program.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I dont think Basic does a client letter, they just do filing instructions.  Basic is just that, Basic.  Im not sure if the filing instructions are customizable.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
GeorgeCPA
Level 3

Correct, one cannot modify the letter in basic.  But it usually prints my address at the top.  

I take their letter and add hand notes to their letter and scan.

0 Cheers
GeorgeCPA
Level 3

The return in question was for a family member so I was a non-paid preparer.  The next client return it printed the address just fine.