Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries vs TurboTax efile

ShawnCA
Level 3

Why does someone using TurboTax to file their 1041 not need an EFIN, but I need one to file a self-prepared 1065 on ProSeries?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
sjrcpa
Level 15

Because Turrddo Tax is for DIYers (nonprofessionals). ProSeries is for tax professionals.

Ex-AllStar
PATAX
Level 15

If they screw the return up then they'll get a tax preparer with a Efin

ShawnCA
Level 3

I am now a DIYer since selling my practice.  I don't have an EFIN....so I am forced to use TurboTax or some other equivalent non professional program?

sjrcpa
Level 15

Yes. Or get an EFIN if you are eligible. But that takes weeks/months.

Or file on paper.

Ex-AllStar
ShawnCA
Level 3

Thanks.  I am fine with filing on paper.  But as I assemble the 1065 to send in, I see a new AZ requirement  to efile.  Ugh...so I went ahead and sent in the extensions and filed a paper copy while I figure out efile.  Any recommendations re DIYer programs?  Do you know if ProSeries transfers to Turbo Tax?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
PS does not transfer to TT, sorry.

The desktop version of TT is quite similar to PS though, there wouldn't be much of a learning curve.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
ShawnCA
Level 3

I figured.  I remember going from TT to PS year ago, I guess it doesn't transfer the other way.  Oh well, the fixed asset entries will kill me.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
TT goes to PS, but not the other direction.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers