Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I mark an 1120 as a non paid preparer?

Specifically a for 1120-H for a homeowners association.  I am not getting paid to do the form but I can't figure out how to eliminate my paid preparer information.  I can override my name but not the company.  Anyone know how to do this?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I completely disagree with qbteach....

I have had a partnership that I was a partner in. No way was I a paid preparer, just was taking advantage of my software subscription to process the return for my brothers and I.

I just went ahead and printed it out, whited out the firm information and filed it on paper. I really don't care how long it takes the IRS to get to the bottom of their paper mountain.

I never could figure out a way to change it for e-file.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
qbteachmt
Level 15

You are still a paid professional preparer, and not being well paid for this at all, doesn't change your relationship to that filing.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I completely disagree with qbteach....

I have had a partnership that I was a partner in. No way was I a paid preparer, just was taking advantage of my software subscription to process the return for my brothers and I.

I just went ahead and printed it out, whited out the firm information and filed it on paper. I really don't care how long it takes the IRS to get to the bottom of their paper mountain.

I never could figure out a way to change it for e-file.

Good idea Jeff!  1020-H forms can't be efiled anyway, they have to mail it.  I agree, I am a volunteer treasurer for this HOA and I am not being paid.  In fact I am signing it as the officer.  I do plenty of other HOA tax returns I am paid for.  I don't need my firm name on one more!  Thank you for the advice! 

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

I agree with you Jeff .... The last time I checked it was still permissible to file many partnerships form 1065 via paper... It is not our problem that there may be a processing issue, now is it?

0 Cheers