Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries says Form4136 not ready until March 31? Farm returns have form4136 and are due March 1st. What do about that?

jan
Level 2

19 Comments 19
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Since the client must owe, as otherwise we don't care about March 1. Download a PDF of the 4136, fill out by hand, override the credit amount in ProSeries,  It appears that you can then attach a PDF file of the 4136 (at least that is one of the type choices) to the ProSeries file while in the efile homebase.

Might have to override error checking or something during conversion due to the override.

taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Read the yellow banner.  Trust the banner.  Believe in the banner.  My yellow banner says ready on 2/17/22.  That will give us time to finish.

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

My yellow banner (in a 1040) says EF ready on 3-31-22.Screenshot 2022-02-08 153723.jpg

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

The Intuit Developers mistakenly thought that tax season doesn't start until March.

The Developers seem to have a particular dislike for farmers and Alaskans.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't agree with that.  The developers don't like anybody.

Slava Ukraini!
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Wow, you are correct.  Mine just changed also after I restarted after the update today.  That sucks!!!!!!

The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@IntuitAustin @IntuitFlora @IntuitAlicia @IntuitCharlene 

HELP!  Farmer's filing deadline is March 1st.  Most Farmers use Form 4136. PS21 lists 2021 Form 4136 release date as March 31, 2022.  This does not meet the filing deadline for March 1st Farm returns. The 2021 Form 4136 needs to be ready by Feb 24, 2022.  Thank you for your assistance.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Any idea of how many of those folks that you just tagged are now working in Intuit's Siberian office ................ and they only have internet access in the spring .................. which I think is a few days in July in Siberia.

Slava Ukraini!
Royal
Level 3

I did this and it got rejected.

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Rejection was specific to the 4136?

I guess at that point I would just have the client mail in the return, If we are worried about a March 1, filing it must be a balance due return, so we're not slowing down a refund.

The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

I did not know Intuit had a Siberian office, but that does explain some things.  Thanks for then intel @IRonMaN 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Always happy to provide those little pieces of information that most folks don't know about.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Ken53
Level 1

Is this an Intuit delay, or an IRS delay?  Either way, it is UNACCEPTABLE!  Problematic for taxpayers who are overpaid and want at least a partial refund.  And a hindrance for filers trying to get work out the door.

mhsmith53
Level 3

Doesn’t Intuit find it a little embarrassing that it can’t provide forms for filing until 2 weeks before tax season ends?
Maybe they are too busy watching the stock ticker for INTU

0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Well now my banner for Form 4136 is back to being ready to e-file on 2/17/22.  Evey update kinda changes it back and forth between dates.  Told you to NOT trust the banner.

efvain
Level 2

Now ProSeries has 5/13/2022 that the efiling will be ready. IRS website doesn't say that there is an issue with the form. 

0 Cheers
Haymaker3
Level 1

🤣

0 Cheers
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@Haymaker3  The original post in this thread was for the 2021 tax year filing.  You are probably good to go to efile the 2021 tax return now.  

I see you have but one post in this community.  No badges for you my friend....

0 Cheers
Haymaker3
Level 1

The emoji was meant for the post above yours and for some reason it was attached to your post, very sorry.  😔

0 Cheers