Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries Professional - Preparer's Signature Date does not print date entered on 1040 signature date field

Frank Broadway
Level 3

1040 form page 2 allows the preparer to enter the preparer's date of signature manually. When we print the 1040 tax return ProSeries always prints today's date instead of the date entered into the tax software. The incorrect date is used by ProSeries when printing directly to paper and PDF.

Tax Pro since 1993!
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive passed this design flaw along to the "powers that be", thats the best I can do Frank!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Theres suppose to be a feature that freezes the date on the return to when it was filed...I think its in the Client status screen?  I havent tried it out yet.  But this article mentions it.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/what-s-new-for-2019-proseries-freezing-da...

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Looks like you can mark the box here, but maybe that doesnt do it for the actual return.

freezedate.png

0 Cheers
Frank Broadway
Level 3

We are printing a paper return. The feature you suggested is new for this year and does not apply to the preparer's signature. It only applies to client letters and invoice dates of e-filed returns.

Tax Pro since 1993!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

How about just uncheck the "Print date" box in the Preparer Information, then you can hand write whatever date you'd like?

0 Cheers
Frank Broadway
Level 3

That solution is a "workaround" and not a true solution to a software bug or user error.

Thanks for trying to help.

Tax Pro since 1993!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If theyre going to let you type a date in the box, is should print on the return...I agree. 

So they either need to make it print, or take away the ability to type the date in the box.

0 Cheers
Frank Broadway
Level 3

I agree!

Tax Pro since 1993!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive passed this design flaw along to the "powers that be", thats the best I can do Frank!