Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we e-file 2018 tax returns now

Getcorp
Level 3

I have a client that extended the filing of his 2018 tax return to this year. I will like to know if i can file his 2018 return electronically using probasic series.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Getcorp
Level 3

You need to go to your account manager and download previous year return. That is what i did and i downloaded 2018. i did not need to unistall my 2019 , i just dwonloaded 2018 from my proconnect account management and its up and running.  Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

15 Comments 15
megnich
Level 2

Yes.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

2018 Efiling opened over 2 weeks ago.  You need to use REFRESH updates (the last choice in the Updates drop down menu, a regular update wont fix it) in order to Efile from 2018.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Getcorp
Level 3

but i have 2019 download on my desktop- how do i download 2018- do i uninstall. 2019 - before installing 2018. what is the process with proseries basic

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

each year is a separate program and stand alone, apart from any other year.  no need to uninstall 2019, but you will have to purchase 2018 to file any 2018 returns. if you only have the one, the pay-per-return might be your best bet.  but you will need contact  ProSeries sales to get the 2018 program.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
dlwrightandco
Level 2

I have run the update my 2018 Proseries Professional software and it still won't let me efile. What am I missing?

0 Cheers
megnich
Level 2

I had the same problem.  What worked for me was to go to updates and then go to refresh updates.  Then try e-filing your return.

0 Cheers
Getcorp
Level 3

It a business return for 2018. proseries basic would not do that. so what are my options. Contact sales and order for pay per return option. please confirm

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@dlwrightandco wrote:

I have run the update my 2018 Proseries Professional software and it still won't let me efile. What am I missing?

AGAIN, you need to REFRESH updates, not the regular update.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

refresh.png

megnich
Level 2

What type of business are you trying to e-file?

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

why in the wide wide world of sports has ProSeries not done an ALERT for this solution to be read, is beyond me...just crazy.. 

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
dlwrightandco
Level 2

Thank you for educating me about Refresh Updates. Never knew it was there and really don't understand why. But I am getting updates now. Also, I agree that an alert should have been issued and would have been useful.

Elena
Level 1

I still can not efile 2018 tax returns.  I have been Refreshing updates daily for the last 2 weeks and I am still getting this error:

Unable to load PSINETR.DLL--GetLastError = 126

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
0 Cheers
Getcorp
Level 3

You need to go to your account manager and download previous year return. That is what i did and i downloaded 2018. i did not need to unistall my 2019 , i just dwonloaded 2018 from my proconnect account management and its up and running.  Hope this helps.