Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries PDF import or Financial Download 1099-B

Has anyone experienced this garbage?  I PAY FOR, extra $, for the PDF import.  Once you import it, either the pdf isn't complete within the excel spreadsheet, or it is almost unusable.  Once I get it correct within the excel spreadsheet, click save and continue, it then imports ONE pdf file into each line item on a separate worksheet.  Please don't respond "use it as a summary instead of details" as I don't prepare returns in summaries.  Please see below pic, all help is great appreciated!  The Financial Download according to the highest level of tech support is only made for ONE download, not TWO or more.  A lot of 1099-B's don't have a document ID therefore PDF import is required.

(Computer will not allow me to upload a pic, however this is what is happening) Again, one 1099B File/accountmorgan.PNG

Form 1099-B Wks (Morgan Stanley)

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm amazed by how many people that use the import function.  By the time you get done jumping through the hoops to get to the finish line, you could have manually entered the data for the majority of the returns.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive never even tried it...Im sure it works pretty slick in simple single statement situation, but in a simple single statement situation would you really need to bother?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
usraysond
Level 1

Don't waste your time even trying this feature.  I have called support multiple times and have even tried importing a single page.  Their scanning solution could not even properly identify and import the fields on that one page.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

Hi @usraysond @deniseedwardsBTP  

I understand the frustration. I found a related thread-. can you download dividend data into excel

This is posted in Idea Exchange where we have ProSeries enhancement requests. Vote and comment and Search for more. This is one of the ways we can share the community priorities to our colleagues. Thanks! 

0 Cheers
usraysond
Level 1

Hi @IntuitGabi  @deniseedwardsBTP 

Thanks but the post you shared is referring to exporting data from ProSeries.  I need to load data from Excel (or csv) and put it into ProSeries.  I have looked through the system. but have not been able to figure out if it is even possible.