Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries install error--Quickbooks needs to be closed but it's not open

gabletax
Level 4

Search doesn't seem to pull anything up so I'm hoping someone can help. When trying to install ProSeries 2022, a popup says installation will continue after Quickbooks is closed. But QB isn't running; the computer was restarted and no software has been opened, QB nor anything else. Any ideas what to try?

TIA!

Kelvin

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

Open your Task Manager and see if there is some QuickBooks process running in the background.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
sjrcpa
Level 15

Open your Task Manager and see if there is some QuickBooks process running in the background.

Ex-AllStar
gabletax
Level 4

Thanks! That worked. You're still an All-Star in my books!

Kelvin

sjrcpa
Level 15

You're welcome.

Ex-AllStar

I ran Task Manager and QuickBooks does not show as running in the background, but I still get the error message to close the QuickBooks application.

What do I do now?

0 Cheers
PTB
Level 1

I have the same problem.  Pro Series 2022 install shows an error screen that it cannot install until Quick Books is closed.  Quick Book is NOT running in the background per Task Manager.  I have re-started the PC twice to no avail.  What is the solution to this challenge? 

0 Cheers

After calling Intuit/ProSeries this morning, this is what fixed the problem for me (Thanks to Ruby on the help line!):

Open Task manager> Select the Processes tab (select the "More Details" at the bottom if the tabs don't show)> Scroll down in the "Background Processes" list to the "Q" section> Right click on anything that has a QB or says QuickBooks and "End Task"> Open ProSeries again and install the program under the Help tab.

When I did this, everything installed properly.

Laura0066
Level 2

Having same issue. Quickbooks is not open in Task Manager. What now?

0 Cheers
Laura0066
Level 2

Thanks I'll try this. SO frustrating!

0 Cheers
Laura0066
Level 2

It worked! Thank you. Seems every year has some sort of inexplicable glitch causing unnecessary frustration. This should be an annual no brainer, yet.............................

0 Cheers
taxmanmike2000
Level 1

thanks. I will try that.

0 Cheers