Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries Fiscal Calendar NJ PTE Option

barrysafeer
Level 3

Proseries has the ability to process a calendar year NJ PTE.  They don't have the functionality to process a Fiscal Year NJ PTE.  Really?  Yes - I was shocked after spending 7 hours on the phone with them to find this out.   Help.

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@barrysafeer I have confirmed that the PTE is currently only supported for calendar year products. You can add your request for the support of the PTE in the Tax Idea Exchange so other users can vote for the form to be included in the Fiscal formset: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-idea-exchange/idb-p/603

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
PATAX
Level 15

That simply does not sound right. I have never heard before that a regular calendar year return could be processed, but not a fiscal year return? Does that sound normal to you? Maybe get a second opinion. Hope this helps. Just my opinion.

0 Cheers
barrysafeer
Level 3

I spoke to tech support for 5.5 hours including Tier 2 support.  Tier 2 even lied to me and told me it worked on their computers so must be my program.  They told me to uninstall the program and reinstall.  Still didn't work.  And then I spoke with a Supervisor.  Another 1/2 hour later the Supervisor told me it's not supported.  I think it's ridiculous also but I have no choice but to post it here and hope the tech guys figure it out.

PATAX
Level 15

What a joke

0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@barrysafeer ProSeries Professional does support the NJ PTE return. Please refer to this article for instructions to install the Fiscal formset in the TY20 program: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/corporation/help/common-questions-about-new-jersey-fiscal-re...

barrysafeer
Level 3

@IntuitAngela_13  glad to see employees are caring enough to look at these posts.  I appreciate it.  I have downloaded the NJ Fiscal S Corp.  That is not an issue.  The issue is that there are no PTE screens.   During the 7 hours spent with the help desk, I showed numerous people my screen using SmartLook and they agreed it wasn't there.  Are you able to pull up this screen and see it on your end?  Tier 2 said they could do it but when I asked for proof, they suddenly refused to answer my request.

IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@barrysafeer I am also not seeing the PTE forms in the Fiscal return. Let me reach out to one of the formset developers for more information and I'll let you know what I find out.

0 Cheers
barrysafeer
Level 3

@IntuitAngela_13  Thank you so much for verifying what I saw.  I appreciate that there are some Proseries employees who care.

I had asked a supervisor if there were Subject Matter Experts based on who develops the different modules/forms and she said no.  Sounds like you have a better working knowledge than Tammy the Supervisor.

0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@barrysafeer I have confirmed that the PTE is currently only supported for calendar year products. You can add your request for the support of the PTE in the Tax Idea Exchange so other users can vote for the form to be included in the Fiscal formset: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-idea-exchange/idb-p/603

0 Cheers
barrysafeer
Level 3

Wow- too bad Tammy the Supervisor couldn't have at least told me about this option.  Maybe Tammy the Supervisor needs to be told about this option so she can help out other customers better than she did me.

Thank you @IntuitAngela_13 

0 Cheers