Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries crashing randomly

JustInTime
Level 2

My Proseries crashes probably 3x a day. When I am able to open it back up, all of my data is lost. I try to save the file every 5 minutes or so, but I don't always remember to do this. Is there anything to stop this from crashing so much? It extremely frustrating.

Sometimes Right Networks loses connection but my internet speed is fast so I don't understand what is happening. 

Other times a pop up comes up that Proseries must close. This is when I lose all work.

Any ideas??

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
BobKamman
Level 15

2015 computer running Windows 8?  Tech problems are usually unique to the individual user, but a few details would be helpful.  

0 Cheers
JustInTime
Level 2

2017 Dell Latitude running Windows 10. Proseries Pro on the Right Networks network.

0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9

It won't solve the crashing problem, but go to Tools, clicking on Options will show you General highlighted.  About halfway down that page you will see the option to choose how often to save your files automatically.  Normally 5 minutes is good but if I were crashing as often as you are, I would select every 1 or 2 minuters.

Another Former All Star

BobKamman
Level 15

Time for a new computer.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

My system is old, maybe 2018?   Getting a new one this summer, PS is a resource hog, Im gonna stuff as much RAM as possible in that thing!!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪