Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries Basic 2020 Crashing randomly

ptax255
Level 5

Hi, does anyone else continue to have crashing issues with Proseries? Windows is up to date, Proseries updated was on the phone with support for 2 hours and it still crashes. Anyone else found a good fix?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

17 Comments 17
PATAX
Level 15

Thank God I have not had any issues with this... several posts on this forum concerning issues with this... Good luck.

TBundy
Level 2

We have been dealing with this for over a week now. Support gives us no good answers. They say check the firewall. The firewall has always been there and there have been zero changes on that. Then they say sure it's up to date. It is up to date. That is probably my issue. I updated the software now it does nothing but crash!

I guess I will join you tomorrow and waste hours of my day to get nowhere. 

-TB

PATAX
Level 15

TB, I am just curious about this... I would assume that Pro Series has its own internal protections against viruses and so forth... Is it necessary to have a firewall if you just go on to pro series since Pro Series already probably has a built-in security system .... I'm just asking, I'm not sure.. Thanks.

TAXOH
Level 11

There was a windows patch to the most recent windows update.  Did you get that also?  I was having the problem until I downloaded the windows patch and all has been good since then.

TBundy
Level 2

The client has a firewall for security not for ProSeries. the FW should have nothing to do with this. But I was told it may, even though it has been there for years now and this issue just started a week ago

Also, yes all updates and patches are pushed. 

Sometimes when I call the support says they haven't seen any issues like this. Perhaps they should check out their discussion board on their own site?!

PATAX
Level 15

Thanks for the info TB...

PATAX
Level 15

I think you may have hit the nail on the head taxoh.. Every time I get a Windows update I'm worried about something happening... And then if you don't download the update after a while it appears that they force you to download it.. Cannot understand that.. Just my opinion

TBundy
Level 2

Thanks for the info. I will double-check again tomorrow!

TB

ptax255
Level 5

I did get the latest windows patch, but still the same problem for me.

TAXOH
Level 11

Sorry that didn't work for you and your still have the issue.  

PATAX
Level 15

Do you think it could be your antivirus software interfering with Pro Series... I am just asking, I am not sure... I believe the pro series has built-in security measures, so if you're just going on to pro series and you disable the firewall or anti-virus protection could that possibly help you? I'm just trying to help you...

0 Cheers
ptax255
Level 5

I'll try it, but I've had the anti-virus for a while, and the issue only started last week.

ptax255
Level 5

I feel your frustration. It's been absolutely horrible to waste this much time with this.

0 Cheers
TBundy
Level 2

I took the antivirus completely off to prove it wasn't it. Still happens. Also, it's been the same antivirus for years now. 

Come on Intuit, figure your crap out!

Yours truly,

TB

TAXATION
Level 4

same issue happening - crashes (just "exits itself" randomly

no anti virus - did the Intuit pro series tools hub - still same problem as of 3-26-21

0 Cheers
ptax255
Level 5

Same here. I run the Tool Repair every once in a while and that gives me about 2 hours of uninterrupted work. Otherwise still crashing randomly.

0 Cheers
TAXATION
Level 4

wonder if Intuit Managers (AUSTIN or whoever) can provide some insight from the software engineers due to so many posts on this issue?

0 Cheers