Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries '22 Crashes When Printing Large Return to PDF

Mindy46
Level 1

I have several Form 1065s created with basically the same information/forms in use for each. The only significant difference is the number of partners. When trying to print our larger returns to PDF, ProSeries completely crashes. The smaller returns work as expected. Anyone else experiencing this and/or found a resolution? 

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
IRonMaN
Level 15

Out of curiosity, If you print the federal separately from the state, does it still crash?  Just wondering if that gives you enough room or if the clown car is still too crowded to work.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Mindy46
Level 1

Crashes without the state forms. I've even tried printing a very limited selection of forms, and it still crashes.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Sorry, I don't have any answers for you.  You could try the repair updates feature or try the new tool hub.  If that doesn't work, unfortunately you may want to call support.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I just thought of one more thing.  Try going into your print options and select general printing.  Try going down to advanced options and see if you get get it to fly by selecting "print as graphic" or "print as image".

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

A few years ago someone mentioned that their system did not have enough RAM to handle a large tax return.  Never heard a reply if that was the accepted solution.

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

I dont know alot about computers but going by what you are saying I would be tempted to agree with you.

0 Cheers
Mindy46
Level 1

How much RAM do you need? Just checked my system and we have 32GB. 

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

ProSeries lists minimums for computer configuration but that does not take into account how many open programs, how large the file size, etc.  Typically 32gb would be more than enough.  I'd look at your Task Manager in Windows (CTRL-ALT-DEL) and look at % Memory usage in the Processes tab.  If the % is high you have an issue and need to close stuff.  I'd also look at your Windows startup processes and see what programs automatically open when you boot up.  I've found so many extraneous things opening I had no clue.  Windows also tells you if these items have a low or high memory usage.  You can then go to the next tab in the Task Manager of Performance.  After that, call your IT person.  Possible some of your 32gb of memory has gone bad.  IF - computer memory is your problem, versus a ProSeries issue.

0 Cheers
Intuit_Ramky
Employee
Employee

Regarding large returns printing, we are working on this on priority, the fix will be rolled out in coming updates.

0 Cheers
Mindy46
Level 1

Thank you for the reply! With the understanding no promises can be made, do you anticipate this to be resolved before the March 15th filing deadline?

0 Cheers