Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries 2022 freezing

Jfabian
Level 1

I'm on Windows 11 and I've experienced a new problem with using the program over the past few days. I can get past the login screen, but then the program freezes while loading the Homebase. While this happens, I get an "Automatic file download" notification from Windows 11 that "Proseries is downloading from 22Data". I never seen this before, but it takes a long time before this resolves and the program runs like normal.

I've tried using the Tools program but it did not fix my problem. I ruled out the Printer driver or a corrupted Homebase being the problem. I resorted to reinstalling the program and it worked fine... until after I updated and reopened the program. Again I tried using the Tools program and tried to fix the Updates but nothing changed.

I can't be waiting for an hour or two for the program to work, and the program was working fine up until a few days ago.

EDIT: I've noticed that it's only showing that Proseries is trying to download .cache files. Not sure if this matters.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If youve used the ToolsHub and still having issues, this feels a bit out of my league, @Intuitjhaze who are we tagging for issues like this? 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Intuitjhaze
Intuit Alumni

hey @Jfabian checking in with you as it's been over 24hrs since you reached out - are you still experiencing this issue? perhaps in the next update the issue will resolve itself.

@Just-Lisa-Now- thanks for flagging. gathered up the relevant details and will share with the team internally.

Jfabian
Level 1

Just did a Windows 11 update to see if anything there can fix the issue, but the issue remains. I open the program, get past the login screen, and the program freezes while this pop-up comes up.

image.png

Takes between 10-30 mins for the program to unfreeze and then everything works fine... just as long as I don't close the program.

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Try turning off automatic downloads, clearing cache, and rebooting. If Proseries still freezing close windows and turn up the heat. 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround