Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries 2021 Not resposnding

m5859
Level 2

15 Days earlier I was not able to save any of the client file I prepared for filing 2021 returns. Every time it was frozen receiving a message that  program is not responding. Called for help and agent made my life more miserable. Program was uninstalled and  reinstalled and after reinstalling the program none of  the client data file she was able to restore. We spent about two hours together but nothing was accomplished.  and in this process I  lost ability even to see any of the client file.

I am sure that many users might have complained for similar problem and to my utter surprise agent had no information of this problem and later on she admitted that this problem is known to proseries tech and they are working on it. I told her specifically to look and check internally before starting uninstallation, but she ignored all my requests.

Proseries has no such system putting such problem across the Board to all agents are aware that what is going on.

The last email I received said that on June 30th there will be an update to resolve this problem, but no luck so far.

16 Comments 16
Pi
Level 2

We have the same problem with 2021, 2020 and 2019 what they told us is that an update of Windows 11, has caused the problem, but they are already working on it to find a solution.

IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

The unexpected behavior you have experienced regarding Windows 11 update and Prior year programs has been reported and currently being researched. Windows 11 latest update (KB5026446) and ProSeries Prior year programs. 

Follow updates on this thread that is related: Windows 11 updates 2021 not saving

IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

@m5859 
@Pi 

Please confirm that your Windows is up to date and you're still experiencing an issue with ProSeries TY21 by replying to this thread. Thanks for your participation and patience. 

0 Cheers
pintsizepixie
Level 2

Has this issue been resolved?  I'm having the same issue and my windows is up to date

beanctr72
Level 3

We are still having issues with this at our office on several workstations.  Is there an update or fix available yet?

0 Cheers
m5859
Level 2

It is really disturbing to note that Proseries Team is not responding and no communication what so ever for this issue running into months and not weeks

pintsizepixie
Level 2

So I found a solution that worked for me.  I removed the Windows June updates from my computer.  This allowed me to work with 2021.  But when I tried again the next day, I had problems again.  When I checked my system, the updates had reinstalled automatically.  I removed them again and turned off auto update and it's been fine ever since.  Hopefully this will help you guys until they find a solution.

0 Cheers
beanctr72
Level 3

Thank you - yes, we tried this but ran into other issues when we undid the Windows 11 updates from June (we had two of them).  It resulted in errors running QuickBooks Desktop 2021 and our remote access functionality became totally inoperative.  I had to reinstall the updates to Windows 11 to get those issues fixed, but then we're back to square one on ProSeries 2021!

0 Cheers

software users should almost never have to uninstall windows updates. this is the result of a software service company who has dropped the ball. It is now over 3 weeks since this issue was first reported and has stopped me from providing services to my clients all of whom need some type of prior year work while performing amendments and first time filers. Intuit has seriously dropped the ball on this one and it is embarrassing. Are they going to provide my clients' with remediation on additional late filing penalties all because I cannot prepare, finish, and most importantly SAVE a return because the software has failed? Is it finally time to change softwares? I got a phone call just this week from Intuit about my upcoming subscription for 2023 and I asked the individual about this problem and they were completely unaware.  The irony of the phone call was not lost on me.

oreycpa
Level 2

my windows is up to date and Proseries 2021 is still "Not responding" !!!

I can't work at all - this is not the first time I encountered this problem

HELP PLEASE 

0 Cheers
oreycpa
Level 2

Thank you, I did as you suggested and it worked.  I am back in business. 

THANK YOU very  much !!

pradip51
Level 1

Hi we are running into this issue as well! Has there been any update on the matter?

0 Cheers
oreycpa
Level 2

Unfortunately, Intuit has not addressed the problem.  I did as one of our colleagues recommended and it worked.  However, the next day I encountered the same problem again.  I called Proseries customer service and I was given the same answer: "we are looking into it".  Nonetheless, that is the same answer I have been given for months and the same one we, all (members of this discussion), have been given. I have figured out ways to make the 2021 Proseries program work but I have to do it every single time I use the program and for every single client.  In short, I cant use the 2021 Proseries software and I am not receiving any help from the maker: Intuit.  

if you find a solution, I would appreciate you sharing it with all members of this discussion. 

thank you and good luck 

IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Click this link for the solution for Windows 11 Pro: Windows 11 updates 2021 not saving 

Click this link for the options for Windows 11 Home:  Prior years of ProSeries unable to Save in Windows 11 Home

Hope this helps! Contact us for further assistance. 

0 Cheers

This past Thursday/Friday, 09/15/2023, Microsoft released a Windows 11 update.  Has anyone been able to confirm whether or not htat update has corrected the Proseries 2011 and prior saving problems?

0 Cheers
PRO31TAXJM
Level 1

My Windows is up to date and I am having this problem.  Has a solution been found?

0 Cheers