Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

program update

davidmycpa
Level 2

why is the scheduled update choices on the admin computer greyed out and the dailey schedule can not be setup as in previous years??

We are doing a manual update every morning just to be sure.

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

Because they changed it this year to autopilot.  But they changed their mind after some of us complained and are supposed to be going back to being able to manually do it any day now.

Slava Ukraini!
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Intuit decided that they knew better when your software should be updated than you do.

Because of this decision they set up the update process to be automated, If you look at 

Information>Logs>Product update logs you can see the list of updates that have been installed.

A couple of weeks ago Proseries promised to give us an option to opt out of the automatic updates, because so many of us were bi****** complaining about it, but that function has not appeared yet.

PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN I hope they send an email out or some kind of notification to everyone to let them know when they do that since some people may think that it will still be done automatically. Just my opinion

IRonMaN
Level 15

It's Intuit and their number one asset is communication so you know they won't.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

As a side note, Feb 9 is supposed to be the big day for the change.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
davidmycpa
Level 2

I know way too well how Intuit is with their customers.

All a customer is to Intuit is a dollar number.  they took the caps lock warning off a couple of years ago, and we have had to deal with being locked out of our login.

And I have complained for 25 years about foreign country terrorist doing customer support, and since 2015, those same foreign people have access to and control my passwords.

I should have TOTAL: ABSOLUTE discretion and control of the passwords in my office PERIOD

davidmycpa
Level 2

Who knows what the foreign providers are trying to do, except hack into our systems.

We manually update the server every day, has been our habit since we started using the network version in 2003.  Because we found out that even with the auto update turned on to work at 0600 every morning of every day, there was still updates that had to be downloaded.

Since all of us are just numbers and money to Intuit, nothing suprises me anymore.  And I still dont like not being able to set up and monitor my own passwords systems.

And a side note, Intuit has been hacked and apparently the email addresses of my servier and workstations has been stolen, as I am getting notices in all of my emails that my Intuit proseries workstation has been locked out and I must relog back in to  input spot in the middle of the email.

But the email header is from some off the wall email address that starts with intuit.accountants. at some BS address

Obviously Intuit has been hacked, probably from the inside..

0 Cheers