Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program Updates Not Running Properly

ggardner-next
Level 2

Automatic Updates and Occaisonally I initiate installed product updates from "Update" Menu. System runs its routine and then indicates there are not updates. This has gone on for a week and I find it hard to believe that at this point in the season there are no updates to either states or forms. What am I missing and how can I be sure my system is updating properly? 

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
INTJ
Level 3

I was having similar issues.  I saw on another message someone talking about using the "Repair Updates" under ProSeries 2023 Tools.  After I ran that, a lot of the forms no long have the 'not updated' message, and I was able to enter State data that I couldn't access earlier because there allegedly wasn't an update for it yet.

BobKamman
Level 15

I was seeing the 1040 was not ready to print, even when it was supposed to be available last week. I saw others here mentioning "Repair Updates," so I found that from the program toolbar, not from the Windows directory.  I ran it, and it worked.  I think I found it under "Updates" but now it's not there.  Maybe, because there is nothing that needs to be repaired.  

Camp1040
Level 10

Try running updates from the start menu.

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

The other choices for "Updates" didn't work.  

joey55
Level 1

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Did you actually go to your windows start menu, select ProSeries 2023 and then select repair updates?  If so, and you still don't have any updates, you can always uninstall and reinstall ProSeries.

Slava Ukraini!
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

@joey55  the repair tool worked for most...  

From the Start menu     Proseries 2023/Tools-Repair Updates

If it doesn't work I'd probably uninstall/reinstall the software............ or go back to handwritten paper returns and a pencil.... certainly faster (and more accurate) than all this technology.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
Camp1040
Level 10

I'm going to add my 2 Cents. I'm am sure you rebooted...because rebooting can be your friend.  Good Luck!

IRonMaN
Level 15

That will cost you 3 cents ------------- that 2 cents line hasn't been adjusted for inflation in years. 😀

Slava Ukraini!