Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program crashing error #25705

lbones
Level 5

Several times each day, As I am opening a client file, my program is crashing and giving me error code 25705.  I have tried to research it with out any luck and when I called support, the fix they gave me did not do the job.  It does not happen every time I open a client file but often enough where is now annoying.  Has anyone else come across this error code and have a solution for me.

0 Cheers
13 Comments 13
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Intuit_hieu  any suggestions on this error?  or is there someone better we could tag for things like this?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

Could you please provide a screenshot?

0 Cheers
lbones
Level 5

Screenshot (10).png

0 Cheers
lbones
Level 5

When I spoke to support they had me run Updater.  That has not worked.  This is also happening when I open the 2020 Version of ProSeries.  Again, this is not every time but at least every 10th time I open a client file. 

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

Thanks for providing the screenshot. Does the crash happen with the same return/client every time?

0 Cheers
lbones
Level 5

No, it is various clients

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

Can you reproduce the crash with the same client/return? My hope is, if it's the case, we want a copy of the file, so we can reproduce it in-house.

Thanks!

0 Cheers
lbones
Level 5

So far, it have not been able to replicate it.  I have been opening and closing the same two clients over and over and the error is not occurring.  I will continue to try.

0 Cheers
lbones
Level 5

Still not able to replicate with one client.  It has crashed twice with the same message since my last response.  Once opening a client and once going in to view and eSignature Action when view signed forms.

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

Could you please use the Send Log, and send us the logs including this post's link: (https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/re-program-crashing-err...), to proseries_engineering@intuit.com? thanks

kP0gOtwWz4.png

0 Cheers
lbones
Level 5

Sent as requested.  Just crashed again, same error message opening a client for the first time this year.

0 Cheers
lbones
Level 5

"Also, the error is indicating that the return file was being locked by another application. Could it be your backup or anti-virus software actively locking or scanning the file at that moment? For anti-virus software, could you please try to whitelisting the ProSeries folders, and anything below, e.g. c:\prowin21."

The error does not occur during shutdown but when opening a file.  When opening a file (on occasion – has happened three or four times this afternoon), I will get the error 2705 error.  I click okay on the error message and then the screen is gray.  I click on the “x” in the upper left and I then have to restart the program.

I will try and “whitelist”  I see where I can do it to a file but not a folder.  I will contact my IT guy for help.  

0 Cheers
lbones
Level 5

Just a note.  Did everything you asked and the program crashed 5 times so far today.  Very frustrating and a waste of time during the busiest month of the filing season.

0 Cheers