Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product updates

bbowie505
Level 3

Apparently this year the updates are supposed to be happening automatically and we do not have to do them every time we open the program. Someone on here said it was because people were filing tax returns in prior years without the latest updates (which is understandable). This does not appear to be consistent with our computers/network.  Some people get a message to do the updates every time they open the program, other people don't.  Also today some people got a message asking if they want to restart their computers to do the updates.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?  Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

There is an update scheduled for 2/9 to change it back to the good old days.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-idea-exchange/kill-the-automatic-update-featur...

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
RUSS-KY-TAX
Level 2

I am seeing the same thing. today it told me to exit

other times it tells me I must update.

I have gotten into the habit of frequently doing the "update installed products" most days.

it is not consistent.

PATAX
Level 15

Did not get any kind of messages today or before... I am assuming the automatic update is happening but who knows... they should have kept it the way it was before. Like the old saying goes, if it's not broken then don't fix it! What a JOKE. Just my opinion.

IRonMaN
Level 15

There is an update scheduled for 2/9 to change it back to the good old days.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-idea-exchange/kill-the-automatic-update-featur...

Slava Ukraini!
bcaptain
Level 1

O don't know if updates are happening at all. I see where I should have EF capabilities as of 1/28 for my VA S-Corp returns and yet still getting the "form not ready" notice on the form. After updating manually as well. Need some help!!