Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update installed products doesn't work

Taxman21090
Level 1

whenever I select the update installed products from the Update tab it never finds any new updates.  When I click refresh updates it does find updates.  Curious why the one feature does not seem to work.

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Using Refresh dumps all previous updates and downloads them all over again, that's why you see something happening,   

Updates generally come out once a week, in the past its been late on Wed or early Thurs if youre updating more often than that and nothing is downloading, its probably because there's nothing new to download.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Taxman21090
Level 1

Thank you for your reply, Lisa.

I just tried another Update Installed Products (Thursday evening) and did not find anything.  I'll keep trying for another week without doing the broader refresh update to see what happens.

Wayne

0 Cheers
mannyg54
Level 1

I have tried to Update Installed Products and nothing happens. I need to e-file personal returns with a K-1 and can't because these forms have not updated.

Is a fix coming soon? Having to Refresh updates is time-consuming.

Thank you for any suggestions.

kgalland
Level 4

I have the exact same problem even though the 1040 K-1 form shows update available. I even spent an hour performing Repair Update tool and nothing changed. I am very unhappy with Proseries performance this year.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Updates generally come out late on Wednesday or early Thursday, I know it said 21st, but it may not be until later tonite.....unless they move the target again, but so far the Schedule still says the 21st.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers