Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem occurred during Workstation setup on ProSeries 2022

Steve0657
Level 2

I installed PS to my server, but I am unable to install the Workstation to my desktop.

"A problem was encountered when trying to write to the Network folder that you have selcted. Please check that you have sufficient privileges to install to the folder that you have selected or choose a different location for your installation of ProSeries. The details of the problem were: The process can not access the file ;\\server\Tax\ProSeries\ProNet22\temp00000.tmp' because it is used by another process.

Anyone else having this issue or have a work around? I've tried rebooting the server, and even uninstalled and reinstalled PS.

TIA

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
George4Tacks
Level 15

Did you try to run as administrator? 

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001197.htm#:~:text=Running%20programs%20as%20Administrator,-If....

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Steve0657
Level 2

Yes, I get he same error message.

Thanks

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I think you need to contact support. Tell them it is a system/install issue.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/intuit-product-orders/contact-proseries-hel...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
IntuitEric
Employee
Employee

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry the wkstn install is problematic.

From the error message, it sounds like another process has taken control of that file in the Pronet22 folder.  This could be any other application in your environment.

It could also mean that the windows user that is installing the ProSeries 2022 wkstn on the second computer, doesn't have the correct rights to the Pronet22 folder on the server.

I just finished installing ProSeries 2022 to my local network, with no issues.  This leads me to believe your error message is local to your environment.  

I realize this information is not very specific, but I hope it points you in the right direction.

Steve0657
Level 2

It’s occurring on 2 of my 3 workstations. I didn’t try on the 3rd. PS tech support wasn’t able to fix the problem. We found a temporary workaround, but it caused some other issues. Hopefully this error will be addressed with final release

0 Cheers
IntuitEric
Employee
Employee

Hi Steve0657,

I'm making assumptions off the limited information we've discussed.  At this time, there will be no changes to ProSeries 2022 that will change your situation.

Could you share details on your temporary workaround?

0 Cheers
IntuitEric
Employee
Employee

Steve0657, could you also verify if this file exists for you?  \\server\tax\proseries\pronet22\temp00000.tmp

0 Cheers
carriep82
Level 1

We are having the same error message, on 1 out of 7 workstations. So frustrating!! Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

0 Cheers
Elijah_Pro
Level 1

I have the same problem. I have tried permissions. Run as admin, etc. I have noticed on the server that I have to lock files masterinventorylock.dat and uninstallerlock.dat. Do I just delete them or what to do? 

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Are all workstations compliant with compatibility requirements?

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers