Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Series will crash and not open, what do I do?

I' trying to log into Pro Series Basic, will get verification code, then a crash report. It worked yesterday. I cannot get the program to open. All windows updates are current. All pro series updates have been done. I followed troubleshooter and went to the update file and deleted updates, did a restart, still crashed. I did get a message that said App launcher is incompatible.

Has anyone else been experiencing this? I'm stumped.

I installed program onto computer I used last year, worked for one day, now I am getting crash reports on it now.

One is windows 10 and one is windows 11

Thanks!

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

You might try the PS Tool Hub

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/proseries-tool-hub-fix...

but question win 10 and win 11 errors? Did you upgrade to win 11? Sounds like your computer (or PS) is confused.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers

I called ProSeries support. After hours on the phone, still not able to open. I used windows 10 last year on old computer. Bought a new computer with windows 11. Installed 2022. Worked for one week. Then continuous crash notices when trying to log in. Installed 2022 on old computer. Worked one day, now all I get is crash notices on this one now. Hired IT guy, cannot get program to open on either computer. Installed ToolHub. Will see where this takes me. 

0 Cheers