Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Series not loading program

bernardonilaw
Level 2

I have been unable to even open my program for 2 weeks. We do not run windows but Ubuntu. Every other person in our office can open the program.

I called customer support and received no help from them after a hour on the phone. The only thing they would say was that there were some technical issues and the problem would resolve once those issues had been resolved.

But that also means currently I am unable to use the program to handle clients issues.

The problem is not with my computer as I can get into all other programs

If anyone else has had this problem I would appreciate any help I can get on the matter.

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you tried running “repair updates” or uninstalling and reinstalling the program?

Slava Ukraini!
bernardonilaw
Level 2

Can have not tried uninstalling the program. I run all updates for my computer once a month.

If you are talking about repair updates for the program I can not even get to the website to try that

IRonMaN
Level 15

The repair updates is normally reached through the start menu on Windows.  Since you aren't running Windows, I have no idea how to find it on your computer.  If you can't find the repair feature, it is certainly worth trying the unistall/reinstall route.  But if you can't get to their website, you are going to need a disk to do that.  What is the issue with not being able to get to the ProSeries website?

Slava Ukraini!
bernardonilaw
Level 2

I can get to a website and even login but it will not bring up the actual tax program.

PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN now you see why I mentioned in a prior post a while ago that it is a good idea to get the original disc from intuit each tax year

IRonMaN
Level 15

Definitely ------ you can play frisbee in the office using the disk while waiting for the software to work.

Oh sorry, I'm guessing you meant that you could download the software again.  But then again, you are screwed again if you have a newer computer since they don't like putting in CD readers these days.  I purchased an external CD reader a number of years ago which has come in handy a couple of times.  Heck, I even have an external floppy drive still around and I have also put that to use a couple of times over the years.  Now if I only had a 1979 Pinto, I would have a complete collection for my museum.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

My computer which is fairly new also has a CD Drive. But I think you're right they're not putting them in anymore unless you have it custom made. I also have an external three and a half hard floppy Drive on other older computer but Don't use it too much any more

IRonMaN
Level 15

We use laptops and a CD drive wasn't an option when I upgraded with the Dell model that I wanted last year.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Yeah I think you're right. I wanted to get a certain HP model but it wasn't there, luckily the one I found had a CD drive. I think that was the last Model that HP made with CD drive but I may be wrong. There were very few desktops in the store and I asked the salesman where are all the PCS and he said they're not selling many of them anymore, just mainly laptops I guess and smartphones. The clowns are making it increasingly difficult for us.