Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Standard Client letter with return

ponstad
Level 1

When I print out the return, in the past I was always able to have the standard client letter with the return. Now I have to print it separately.  How can I get the letter to print automatically when I print the return?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Upper tool bar  FILE>>>>>Print Options>>>  then this is the tricky part...it opens with "Print Functions" as the default....Right above Print Functions...click on Global Print Options>>> Control which letters print.and there you go.  I do a Custon Client Specific letter for each client, but you still have to click on Standard Client Letter and Custom Client Specific letter to get the custom one to print.  This is also where you tell it when to print the engagement letter.

I copy my previous year's standard letter over to current year, because over the years I have tweaked and formatted it too look much more professional and informative than the simple generic letter available.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
clr600
Level 8
0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

From any homebase File>Print Options>Global Print Options>Control which letters print

Select return type from the box at the top and check the boxes for which letters to print

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Upper tool bar  FILE>>>>>Print Options>>>  then this is the tricky part...it opens with "Print Functions" as the default....Right above Print Functions...click on Global Print Options>>> Control which letters print.and there you go.  I do a Custon Client Specific letter for each client, but you still have to click on Standard Client Letter and Custom Client Specific letter to get the custom one to print.  This is also where you tell it when to print the engagement letter.

I copy my previous year's standard letter over to current year, because over the years I have tweaked and formatted it too look much more professional and informative than the simple generic letter available.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
ponstad
Level 1

Thanks.

0 Cheers
Boomdog
Level 2

Thank you....I always forget 🙂

0 Cheers