Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you enter the Shareholder's name on Statement A (K-1, 1120S)?

suetax
Level 2

For tax year 2020, the Corporation Name, Corporation EIN, Shareholder's Name & Shareholder's identifying no were automatically entered on Statement A that goes with the K-1 (1120S). But for tax year 2021, they are blank and when I do the review to check for errors, it says they must be filled in. It won't let me fill them in without overriding them, with the exception of the Shareholder's name, it won't let me override it. Where is this information transferring from? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
dkh
Level 15

This is a 2021 1120S transferred from 2020 correct? The Shareholder info is still on the K1 Worksheet?     How long ago did you do the transfer? I didn't transfer mine until late February. My 1120S returns have shareholders name on Statement A. so maybe it was a glitch in the program early on that has since been resolved.     Is the return complete and too late to delete and retransfer?    

0 Cheers
suetax
Level 2

Yes, this is a 2021 1120S transferred from 2020. The shareholder info is still on the K1 Worksheet. We transferred the files over in February. The return is complete, it just won't let us e-file without that information filled in. I did re-save the file as a different name so we wouldn't lose the original and try to re-transfer from 2020 and it still doesn't transfer that information to the Statement A. I have checked for updates and there have not been any updates. 

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Weird.  All my 1120S returns show shareholders name on the Statement A.  Is it just this return or all your 1120Ss

0 Cheers
suetax
Level 2

As far as I know, it's just this one.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

What if you try deleting the Shareholder information and reentering?  

0 Cheers