Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Process Speed

tim05
Level 3

Does anyone else have very slow print processing speed with ProSeries? I click the print button and it takes the program two to three seconds to pop up the print screen and then it takes another 20 seconds to start the printer. None of my other programs respond this way even QuickBooks.

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
dkh
Level 15

Are you a Millennial or Gen Z ?     Bcause thinking 23 seconds before it starts to print is too long makes me think of my millennial children.  😁

tim05
Level 3

Baby Boomer. I get annoyed with the program does not act like other programs. 😖

tim05
Level 3

I'm thinking my computer needs a setting adjustment or something simple

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I dont think 20 secs is unusual to spool up the print job and start printing (depending on the size of the return), does it pause and lag between pages or anything?   

Super slow printing was complained about alot a few years ago, I havent seen many complaints about it lately though.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
tim05
Level 3

So I guess you are saying Proseries is different than all my other programs (spooling time less any three seconds). It seems when I was on Drake I did not notice any additional spooling time difference from my other programs.

IRonMaN
Level 15

If I smoked, I could go out for a smoke break and go through a pack of cigs by the time the printing gets done.  A number of folks print to a pdf and then print the pdf to paper because it seems to be a quicker process.

Slava Ukraini!