Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing a single current form in PDF

dbtaxsolutions
Level 4

I go to the form 8879 and click print, all i want is to print it to pdf, but it keeps going into my printer and physically print it out. Now I know how to print the whole return on pdf, i can create that, but how do I set it up with just the single current form? Thanks

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

Just make sure that you have the "pdf" box checked when you are selecting printers.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

Do you have both the Printer and PDF boxes checked ?

deb4
Level 3

You can not use the right click print you have to go to print functions

0 Cheers
dbtaxsolutions
Level 4

that would be a smart thing to do, however, when i click the print, it goes directly to the printer, printer menu pop does not appear. I am not talking about the "File, print" are, this is the print icon on the menu bar above. In prior years, I used this icon to print current page and it prints to pdf. When i print a whole return it prints to pdf so I am not following why this particular way of printing is going right to printer. I have tried a few attempts and now I have several hard copies of a page I want in pdf. I mean i can scan it to pdf, but that's double the work, I am hoping there is a way to set this up.

0 Cheers
dbtaxsolutions
Level 4

yes, but when i select the print "icon" on the menu bar above, it goes straight to printer. When I print the full return I use the "file, print" direction and I can create pdf there, but just hoping i can print current form in pdf using the Print icon on menu bar above

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

I first click on "Choose Forms to Print"

Then I "Uncheck All"

Then I check the one page I want.

"Long Way Around the Barn Method"(c)2022

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

when you hit the Printer icon for Print Selected Forms, doesn't another menu box pop open ? 

0 Cheers
dbtaxsolutions
Level 4

i know, looking for the short way around the Barn!

thanks 

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

30 years ago we didn't have pdf's.  Be grateful for small miracles, and don't begrudge an extra 15 seconds.

0 Cheers