Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Filing an Amended Tax Return

taxgirl0216
Level 3

I know the process on how to E-File Federal 1040X returns. Does ProSeries also allow E-Filing of amended state tax returns as well? State in question is PA.

Thank you,

Lauren

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

They only provide a handful of states, but in the drop down box PA appears to be one of those special states covered.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I only see thee states in my drop down list, but its been a few months since I grabbed this screen shot, maybe more have been added?

stateamended.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

actually, my screen shot is almost a year old, so there may be a few more by now.

Edit:  Holy smokes, I just updated and theres quite a few more, and California is one of them, yipee!!

dianefigg
Level 2

I am trying to efile an amended PA return for 2020 but it does not show up in my efile center.  I have checked all of the boxes but do not see the file like I would with regular efiles.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Its possible that PA isnt ready for EF of amended returns yet...I know CA showed up in the list a few months ago, but its not ready to go yet either.

IRonMaN
Level 15

On the federal information worksheet you have checked that you are filing an amended state return and from the drop down list, you have selected PA?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Maybe @PATAX  can shed some light on the matter.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Wisetax
Level 1

Did a resolution for eFiling an amended return to PA ever turn up?  I'm having the same issue currently.  Thanks!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
They added multiple states to the EF amended list last summer, but I know CA still doesnt work, Im not sure about the others.

0 Cheers