Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing a Maryland PTE return for client review that is marked DO NOT FILE

PQ49
Level 2

Maryland Pass Through Entity returns are ready for efiling- and I have successfully filed my own.  However, Forms 510 and 511 are marked DO NOT FILE, as is Form EL101B, the signature form.  The program will not allow me to print the state return because of the DO NOT FILE status.  The next update is not happening until February 25.  

But wait!  I can efile!  But no!  I can't do that without my client's review and permission.  And this year, with resident taxpayers paying tax with PTE returns, that permission means more than it usually does with a state return.

Has anyone found a way around this?  In prior years, I was able to print any form with a DO NOT FILE on it.  All I want is something my client can review.  Not being able to file the building backlog of returns is really going to make a mess of this tax season.  Thanks, ProSeries!

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
dascpa
Level 11

Supposedly this week there will be an update for MD.

0 Cheers
FarmerCPA
Level 3

If you pull up a print preview, it generates a temporary PDF file on your C drive that you can then open and save/print.  Just make sure you don't exit the print preview prior to opening your file explorer or the temporary file will vanish.  

0 Cheers
PQ49
Level 2

Farmer Pete, can you please tell me how to find that pdf file?  In PROPDF, TY21, I can see a file with a subscript .pspreview, but I can't open it.  I tried searching my C drive for a file with a similar name and a .pdf subscript but did not find one.  

0 Cheers