Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparer address not updating when changed on Intuit account as instructed.

bransomm
Level 2

My preparer address has not updated on client letter & tax return even though I changed it on my Intuit account, as instructed last year. I checked and my account has the updated address.

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Camp1040
Level 10

Check tools and then options and firm/preparer and see if the correct address shows,if not, change it . I will assume you have notified the IRS already.

Oops, you can't change it using the above info, you can only update from your account as long as your change of address has been approved.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If you submitted your EFIN summary to Intuit for updating the EFIN address for you as the ERO, I think you need to Update the licensing on the program to get that to take effect.

Tools > License Product

The actual Tax Preparer address is controlled by you in Tools > Firm/Preparer Information.

Tax Preparer and ERO are 2 different things, the ERO only Intuit can change the address, the Preparer you control the address...or maybe the preparer doesnt have an address showing anywhere?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Camp1040
Level 10

Firm address is non enterable in my PS basic.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Camp1040 wrote:

Firm address is non enterable in my PS basic.

Right, thats the ERO address, its controlled by Inuit and has to match your EFIN application summary.

The OP said Preparer address, but they may be one in the same (like me).

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
itonewbie
Level 15

Lisa is right.  The address that shows on the return is tied to EFIN.  Until the EFIN for the new address has been verified, the old address will stay on the return.

If you never had a EFIN for e-file, you can then update your address on the account and that change should then be reflected on the return.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers