Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning on buying new machine for Windows 10 - how do I transfer previous years software when I do that

MrTest20
Level 2

In order to comply with the minimum system upgrades for 2022 Standalone ProSeries Professional I will be getting a new machine with Windows 10.  How do I transfer all my previous years software to the new device?  Is there a FAQ I missed somewhere?  Thanks in advance everybody!

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/install-products/installing-proseries-new-c...

Start with the oldest year first, so that your preparer info transfers to each year.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Accountant-Man
Level 13

You have to install all years' softwares.

You can copy and paste all tax files to the new computer's directories.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/install-products/installing-proseries-new-c...

Start with the oldest year first, so that your preparer info transfers to each year.

dascpa
Level 11

I thought everything today is Windows 11, not 10?  I'm still using Lotus123, Wordstar and an abacus so I really don't know.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Probably have to special order or find some old backstock to get Win10. All the new machines are coming with Win 11.

MrTest20
Level 2

Thanks and yes, I am going to get a new machine that has Windows 11 on it and hopefully from what little I have read in the forums on Windows 11 causing issues should be okay.

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 13

The abacus works in windows; you just have to stand really close for the sunshine.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.