Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIA Clients

PATAX
Level 15

Are pain in the &%@ clients Genetic? Or is this the result of a cheap &%@ Enviromental upbringing ?...You know the client that squeezes every dollar out of you, always bothers you about everything, and when you figure out your hourly rate for that client it is actually below minimum wage...And it appears that some of their children are just like the parents ... if all of our clients were like this we would end up in the Poorhouse........

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Yes. Yes.

It is a proven scientific fact that the lower the fee, the higher the agita.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.

View solution in original post

20 Comments 20
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Yes. Yes.

It is a proven scientific fact that the lower the fee, the higher the agita.

dkh
Level 15

hmmmm.... not having a great day @PATAX 

Years ago I used to write PITA on the front of those client files.    

PATAX
Level 15

I should have been an attorney but fate dealt me this terrible blow... Or was it Divine Providence or maybe Divine Retribution?....😉🐕

dascpa
Level 11

Explain to me why attorneys (low-end) can charge $350 per hour and up, and high-end $950 per hour and up as compared to us CPA's, EA's, etc.  A client will freak out at a $300 tax return fee but no qualms about a $3,000 boiler-plate Word document Will.

PATAX
Level 15

You hit the nail on the head.. Or how about the attorney that takes care of the estate tax returns and the estate and gets a nice hefty sum..... More than we got for the 15 years that we did the income tax returns, and who do you think did more work?

abctax55
Level 15

@PATAX 

One word....

CTOBET - I'm working on those now/thru the weekend while cooking the turkey/watching football.

C(lients) TO BE T(erminated).

One high on the list..... quibbling over the EIP for a a child born in 2020.  HE says they didn't get any in advance (and 2019 income was too high so made sense...).  When return was finalized he was ticked it was only $ xxx as is was limited.  He want the "full amount" he was *entitled* to...  

NOW, today, is the IRS notice saying nope, ya' don't get it on the 2020 return because you got it in advance.

Granted, I bill him.  A lot...   but he's on the list because he WHINES.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
PATAX
Level 15

You are exactly right.. Years ago at a seminar the instructor said 5% of your clients give you 95% of your headaches, and he said to get rid of the 5% and concentrate on the good clients, and you will have less headaches, do less work, and make more money.... He was exactly correct... but sometimes it is hard to get rid of PIA clients since we like to do good deeds and help people....

dkh
Level 15

@PATAX wrote:

but sometimes it is hard to get rid of PIA clients since we like to do good deeds and help people....

LAUGHING.png     

just kidding.... my family tells me I'm way too nice to some of the jerks that come into my office

IRonMaN
Level 15

Just keep taking good care of those PITA clients.  None of us want them showing up on our doorsteps.😲

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

No good turn goes unpunished!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
PATAX
Level 15

@Accountant-Man thanks, you are absolutely correct... Also thanks for letting me know that new word "agita".... Everyday I try to learn at least one new word... It would be great to be able to speak like Dr. Cyril Wecht, he is remarkable, and is known for giving sesquipedalian speeches...👍

IRonMaN
Level 15

@PATAX  - we would be happy to help you out with adding new words to your vocabulary. Please list out here all of the words that you know.  We will then review the list and add to it.  Your list will help so that we don't duplicate words that you already know. 

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15
Consider signing up for Word Genius https://www.wordgenius.com/
Or visit the more widely known https://www.merriam-webster.com/word-of-the-day
OR https://www.dictionary.com/e/word-of-the-day/
OR https://www.nytimes.com/column/learning-word-of-the-day
Hence becoming more ______

IRonMaN
Level 15

Or just keep watching this place.  This is a great place to learn four letter words -------------- unless you know all of them already.

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

I continually tell clients not to use that four letter F word around taxes. FAIR

Accountant-Man
Level 13
Is agita Italian or Yiddish?

AGITA first appeared in the American English lexicon in the 1980s, when it was primarily used by Italian-American and Yiddish-speaking New Yorkers, and is a slang word that can describe a feeling of anxiety or the indigestion that comes from eating too much spicy food. Dec 8, 2020
abctax55
Level 15

The Intuit four letter word is "team"...  🤣

Happy  T-day to all -  I'm 'dry brining mine this year.  I'll report back (if I remember... I'm already into the 'wobble' stage mentioned in a different thread.  LONG week - even for 3 days 🙂

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

RE:  .... Everyday I try to learn at least one new word... It would be great to be able to speak like Dr. Cyril Wecht, he is remarkable, and is known for giving sesquipedalian speeches..

and

Or just keep watching this place.  This is a great place to learn four letter words -------------- unless you know all of them already.

If you guys keep listing new words here, do keep them to 4 letters.  I suffer from Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia.

Tank kyew!!

(Oh, and... Gobble, Gobble!!!)

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
Ephesians3-14
Level 8

Oh, you have those too? Welcome to working with the public.

Every single year, I check my "Termination List" and send out 5-7 emails clearing the decks. Let them be someone else's problem.

George4Tacks
Level 15

I do not believe any of us are truly SUCCESSFUL until we have the comfort level to fire someone.