Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pennsylvania Partnership tax return

BSS CPA
Level 1

The system has an error due to the difference between Federal and State rental income, due to depreciation. The system computes the depreciation but indicates the difference between Fed and State  does not tie out. How do I fix this?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
hnouri
Level 2

PA uses different rates than federal, and program uses PA depreciation rates. If you believe the program is doing it incorrectly, you have to override it and correct it. Otherwise, the program is correct. 

Please note that if you have a big depreciation in 2022 and you are using bonus depreciation, PA and many ither states do not accept bonus depreciation. However, you can include $25,000 as Section 179 for PA.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
hnouri
Level 2

Check Depreciation for PA state and see where the differences are. You need to check individual assets for PA and compare to federal.

0 Cheers
BSS CPA
Level 1

Thank you. I identified the differences, what do I enter after that?

0 Cheers
hnouri
Level 2

PA uses different rates than federal, and program uses PA depreciation rates. If you believe the program is doing it incorrectly, you have to override it and correct it. Otherwise, the program is correct. 

Please note that if you have a big depreciation in 2022 and you are using bonus depreciation, PA and many ither states do not accept bonus depreciation. However, you can include $25,000 as Section 179 for PA.

I hope this helps.

SeanS
Level 3

This is an error within the program

Calculations use to flow correctly in prior years and was working early February 2023

I had rental partnerships finished without errors

Now the errors appear

Intuit needs to correct 

0 Cheers