Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF attachment when efiling return

JMad
Level 3

Trying to attach a pdf to a federal 1041 as "other" which we have done in past years.  Proseries is rejecting the efiling of this return.  Tried calling support and they have no resolve.  Anyone encounter this issue?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

OK, this is what I got as a response for this......using Refresh Updates may be an even better bet than just trying to Update.

otherpdf.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

13 Comments 13
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive seen several similar complaints, that "other" description is tripping lots of people up.   

What are you trying to attach? To what type of return?

JMad
Level 3

It is just a miscellaneous statement that we attach to a grantor trust. In addition, we are trying to file an 1120 that has a form that requires a signature and another item of supporting detail  This is also being rejected as we attempted to attach as "other".   This has NEVER been a problem in prior years.

Frustrating because Proseries tech support has no understanding or resolve.

Thank you for any help you can provide 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
It seems to be an issue with entity returns and the "other" description.

Im going to see if I can get some kind of Intuit acknowledgement on this, so it can be put in the "this needs to be fixed" queue.

0 Cheers
JMad
Level 3

That would be great.  Do you normally see turnaround time fairly quickly on issues?

Thanks again!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
No. And since its so early in the season and due dates are still a ways off for any type of return, their main focus is on getting the most commonly required forms finalized and ready to go, then they work down to less common things that affect fewer returns.

The best I can do it bring it to someone's attention, Im just another user like yourself.

JMad
Level 3

thank you.

0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

I have e-filed quite a few that have a pdf attached for section 199A safe harbor statement and they went thru just fine.  So it must be the other designation that is tripping it up.

JMad
Level 3

are you attaching it as "other" or is it a designated attachment (required)?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
All the posts Ive seen about this they were using Other as the description.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

OK, this is what I got as a response for this......using Refresh Updates may be an even better bet than just trying to Update.

otherpdf.png

JMad
Level 3

Thank you SO much Just Lisa Now---that worked!   In all the years I have used proseries (and it's a very long time), I have never used the "refresh updates".   I kept thinking it was strange that when I kept trying to receive updates there were none....using "refresh" there were a ton!   Just tried efiling one of the returns and it was accepted.   REALLY appreciate the help!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@JMad wrote:

Thank you SO much Just Lisa Now---that worked!   In all the years I have used proseries (and it's a very long time), I have never used the "refresh updates".   I kept thinking it was strange that when I kept trying to receive updates there were none....using "refresh" there were a ton!   Just tried efiling one of the returns and it was accepted.   REALLY appreciate the help!

Awesome!  Youre welcome!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
refresh dumps all previous updates and downloads/installs a fresh set....so when things get weird, its one of the first go-to moves.

0 Cheers