Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF attached for form 8949 and ProSeries Professional is saying I have to mail in copies with form 8453 why?

If I remember correctly I just attached the PDF of the stock sales an efiled.  I don't remember having to mail in form 8453 with the printed PDF I already sent them.  Is this something new or is there a box I forgot to click.  At the bottom of the 1099-B worksheet PDF attachment is clicked yes and I have attached them.  I also used the code M with the totals. 

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brother Jack
Level 3

By checking the Box on the Sched D you are generating the 8453. It says so on the misc options smart worksheet

On the 1099-B worksheet i just report the gross totals of each category (LT,ST, Covered,non covered)

I  DON'T check that box on sched d and just attach a PDF of the trades and select 8949 from the drop down list of the PDF attachment menu. Always works for me.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Attaching the PDF is fine.

Can you imagine the people stuck working at that 8453 address that have to scan all that junk nobody will ever look at?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Brother Jack
Level 3

By checking the Box on the Sched D you are generating the 8453. It says so on the misc options smart worksheet

On the 1099-B worksheet i just report the gross totals of each category (LT,ST, Covered,non covered)

I  DON'T check that box on sched d and just attach a PDF of the trades and select 8949 from the drop down list of the PDF attachment menu. Always works for me.

Thank you Brother Jack.  I now see the verbiage under the checkbox that says check yes only if you plan to mail in paper with the 8453.  Duh....guess I need to pay more attention to the fine print!