Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment date for state balance due showing 5/17/21 as error

Victoriacol
Level 1

Getting error when putting in 5/17/21 as date for withdrawing final state tax balance due.  Error statement says has to be no later than 4/15/21.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
RollTide68
Level 8

What state and have you looked to see if they have extended their payment date?  Also, pretty sure ProSeries hasn't updated most states yet.

Alabama still requires payment by 15 April even thought they extended the filing deadline until 17 May.  They will not charge a late payment penalty but they will charge interest if paid after 15 April.

Franco
Level 2

I have the inverse situation. Client owes the federal government but has a state (NJ) refund. ProSeries won't allow me to efile the state tax return in advance of the federal return in hopes that the state refund will be received before the federal due date of 5/17/21. Any work arounds for this?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"ProSeries won't allow me to efile the state tax return in advance of the federal return in hopes that the state refund will be received before the federal due date of 5/17/21. Any work arounds for this?"

I like the info I find from efile.com:

"Thus, technically you cannot e-File anywhere - not just eFile.com - a New Jersey Tax Return without also e-filing the IRS Tax Return. However, see these detailed instructions on how you can only prepare and mail in - not eFile - a New Jersey 2020 Tax Return"

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Franco
Level 2

Thanks

0 Cheers