Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1040X

dmccpa
Level 3

Does anyone know why the EF center shows $0 due on an amended return even though there is an amount due on the 1040x and all boxes are checked for direct debit?

I sent one through on Friday the 19th and am hoping the funds are withdrawn from the taxpayer by tomorrow. If not, I gave the taxpayer a voucher to mail.

I have another one to send and was called back by a ProSeries rep but I think their telephone system went kaphoey. She said an amount should be in there but I'm not sure if she really knew or not.

I want to make sure the funds will be withdrawn because the taxpayer is going on vacation for a month.

Now the automated system isn't recognizing my voice prompts or offering to call me back.  That's what happened on my call. We were connected but couldn't hear each other.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
dmccpa
Level 3

Replying to myself lol - If all else fails, I'll efile the amendment and go online and make the payment.  I can't deal with the stress of this anymore. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
call the EFT phone number and see if it shows up as scheduled...I know it says wait 10 days, but it seems to update much quicker than that.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers