Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay taxes due

Brainstrom
Level 4

I am pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I just want to make sure. I have prepared a clients tax return and they owe. Efiled and accepted. They called me today to ask if I can schedule the payment to come out of their bank account automatically. My thoughts "(I could have if you had chose that option before the efile was sent)"

4 Comments 4
rbynaker
Level 13

They can make their own payment:

https://www.irs.gov/payments/direct-pay

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Depending on the client and how tech savvy or not they are, I go to IRS DirectPay and schedule payments for clients from time to time...I can whip through it in less than 5 minutes, easier than having them get stuck and call me to help over the phone.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PATAX
Level 15

I give my clients the payment voucher, the 1040V,  and let them take care of it themselves. Why would I want to take on additional responsibility and get involved with electronically wiring the money. That is not my job. 

Brainstrom
Level 4

I did tell my client to go to the irs website for direct pay and it shows that I efiled the taxes but does not show an amount due!! I have never used that option before so I was not sure how to advise them