Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you pay all SE tax with a return instead of deferring half of SE Tax. If yes how to you edit the software to indicate full SE tax due on

momma1
Level 3

Taxpayer has filed an extension and when processing return, program is showing deferral on SE tax on schedule 3.  Tax payer does not want to defer half the SE tax.  Can the program be edited to show full amount of SE tax calculated in tax due.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Absolutely, I didnt have any people that deferred.      I just put a zero in that line on Sch SE that asked for income during that time period.  Its probably not the correct way to do it, but it was the simplest way to get the outcome I wanted.

@TaxGuyBill has the correct multi-step way to do it properly.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Absolutely, I didnt have any people that deferred.      I just put a zero in that line on Sch SE that asked for income during that time period.  Its probably not the correct way to do it, but it was the simplest way to get the outcome I wanted.

@TaxGuyBill has the correct multi-step way to do it properly.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

@Just-Lisa-Now- I did the same as you, and I had no clients that deferred

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@momma1 wrote:

program is showing deferral on SE tax on schedule 3.

Go to that section on the 1040Wks.  There is a worksheet for the deferral.  Near the bottom of that, you can enter 0 for how much to defer.

0 Cheers