Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NYS Drew Individual Tax Balances on April 15 vs July 15

Phil156
Level 2

Hello - several clients have advised me that their NYS personal tax balances were drawn on April 15 and 16 vs the July 15 extended date that had been entered into the software.  Do we know if it is a ProSeries issue or a NYS issue?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

There was an error in the e-filing of New York state tax returns for a select number of ProSeries and Lacerte customers that resulted in their clients' taxes due being debited from their accounts on April 15, 2020, rather than the future date selected.  Individuals that would like to have the debit reversed and deposited back into their account for payment at a later date can contact the New York State Department of Taxation & Finance directly beginning Monday, April 20 at 8:30 am ET through Wednesday, April 22 at 4:30 pm ET at (518) 485-7884.

Federal and New York state taxes have been e-filed and accepted and there are no additional steps these filers need to take for their 2019 taxes.

We apologize for this error and are covering any banking costs associated with the inadvertent early debit of these customers’ accounts. 

- The Community Team

View solution in original post

14 Comments 14
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitAustin  any other reports of this?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
rbynaker
Level 13

Someone from the Lacerte side reported this yesterday.  They said support told them it was a NY error, not a Lacerte error.

Since I don't schedule direct debits, I don't know specifically who might be at fault.

Phil156
Level 2

Thanks!  

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

There are multiple reports in other forums.... it was suggested to verify your data entry.  But everyone has said, yep - "I changed it".

The blame game of whether it was Intuit (it's been reported by both PS & Lacerte users) or NY's mistake is on-going.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Phil156
Level 2

Thanks abc - and I absolutely did change it.  

rbynaker
Level 13

I mentioned it in the Drake forum but haven't gotten any responses.  There haven't been any other posts there about it and there are quite a few regulars from NY.

abctax55
Level 15

YVW... If I hear of a "resolution" I'll try to remember to report back.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Phil156
Level 2

Not a good sign for Intuit

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13
Phil156
Level 2

Interesting - thanks for sharing that!

0 Cheers
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Just-Lisa-Now- , 

We are currently investigating this issue and working with New York State.  Any customers who were impacted should see an in-product alert with their next steps. 

I will keep you updated with any additional info.

-Betty Jo 

IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

There was an error in the e-filing of New York state tax returns for a select number of ProSeries and Lacerte customers that resulted in their clients' taxes due being debited from their accounts on April 15, 2020, rather than the future date selected.  Individuals that would like to have the debit reversed and deposited back into their account for payment at a later date can contact the New York State Department of Taxation & Finance directly beginning Monday, April 20 at 8:30 am ET through Wednesday, April 22 at 4:30 pm ET at (518) 485-7884.

Federal and New York state taxes have been e-filed and accepted and there are no additional steps these filers need to take for their 2019 taxes.

We apologize for this error and are covering any banking costs associated with the inadvertent early debit of these customers’ accounts. 

- The Community Team

Phil156
Level 2

Thank you for this answer.  What about tax returns as yet unfiled between now and July 15?  Has the error been rectified so that the balances are not immediately withdrawn?  

0 Cheers
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Phil156 

Any returns filed now are good to go!  Hope this helps. 

Cheers! 

-Betty Jo 

0 Cheers