Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NY State College Tuition Worksheet data not transferred from Federal return

violajr
Level 3

For tax year 2021 the NY State College Tuition Worksheet data is not transferring from Federal return.  The instructions for the worksheet states that most of the data will transfer from the Federal return.  In prior years this data did transfer to the worksheet.

Not sure if this is a bug in the software that the data is not transferring or if NY State is forcing us to manually enter the data manually.

Any guidance is apricated.

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
mouimet
Level 1

violajr,  did you ever get an answer to this question?  I'm having the same issue, thanks

0 Cheers
violajr
Level 3

Nope never did.  I manually entered the data into the worksheet so that I was able to complete the return.

Glad that I am not the only one experiencing this issue.

Definitely a bug in Proseries hopefully it will be resolved. 

0 Cheers
lynn2
Level 1

Our firm is having the same issue, did this get reported to Proseries?

0 Cheers
kbacctg
Level 3

Ye- definitely a bug

0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

This still hasn't been corrected. I just had to put the return I was working on to hold pile for now. Has there been any response from Intuit?

0 Cheers
kbacctg
Level 3

I would just type in the info on the NYS form and move on.  No telling when they will fix it.  I did not call it in because frankly I don't have time to sit on hold. Maybe the poster did.

I know "they" monitor the community so maybe someone will pick it up.

0 Cheers
violajr
Level 3

I manually entered the details and finished the return.  I am hopeful that someone from Intuit sees this and reports it I too don't have the time to sit on hold.  

0 Cheers