Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notified the IRS has adjusted return when electronically filed - Do we file 1040X? or assume corrected?

Rolinda
Level 1
The client is applied for stimulus and it was rejected.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
qbteachmt
Level 15

Was it rejected, or did you get this message:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/proseries-2020-produce...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
abctax55
Level 15

One doesn't "apply for stimulus".

Perhaps explain in detail what is/was going on.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
RM9
Level 1

I use the word "apply" as a shortcut (and lack of better term) -- When answering the questions on the Recovery Rebate Credit worksheet, and the difference is posted to Line 30 of the Form 1040.

The return was accepted by the IRS, but when I go into the client, a pop-up shows as:

"ProSeries has detected that the amounts calculated in this return have changed since the return was e-filed"

At the bottom of the pop-up is display changes -- when selected it provides the 1040-X and worksheet of changed items.

0 Cheers
RM9
Level 1

NEITHER:

I use the word "apply" as a shortcut (and lack of better term) -- When answering the questions on the Recovery Rebate Credit worksheet, and the difference is posted to Line 30 of the Form 1040.

The return was accepted by the IRS, but when I go into the client, a pop-up shows as:

"ProSeries has detected that the amounts calculated in this return have changed since the return was e-filed"

At the bottom of the pop-up is display changes -- when selected it provides the 1040-X and worksheet of changed items.

0 Cheers
RM9
Level 1

I should have clicked on your link first! -- This exactly explains and addresses my problem 🙂 😀

Thank You!!!

0 Cheers