Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SSN/EIN/TRN

TeamFormanekLLC
Level 1

In ProSeries, I cannot seem to print a return with no SSN/ITIN number for a W-7 application. 

What's more frustrating is that the W-7 form is in the forms package.

How can I print this return as it needs to be mailed to the IRS?

Other tax programs will do this. Maybe I invested in the wrong one.

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

You MIGHT be able to enter a fake ITIN, hit print (or make a PDF), then delete the ITIN and it MIGHT be able to print then.

Otherwise, print it with a fake ITIN and use white-out.

TeamFormanekLLC
Level 1

I appreciate the response.

Entering an fake ITIN and removing it doesn't work. 

And let's be honest, to fake an ITIN and then using white out just doesn't look very professional.

It's frustrating that they would even include the W-7 as a form option, if you were never going to be able to print the return.

Other tax software programs will do this. 

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Yeah, I agree. 

ProSeries is really not ideal to things related to US Residency/Nonresident Aliens or US taxpayers that live outside of the US.

Yes, Unfortunately I suffer from a lot of this as most of my 1040's are for undocumented migrants. you'll have to use Proconnect online instead of Proseries. To add to that, if the business owners of a CORP or LLC taxed as a partnership have no SSN or ITIN, prepare to go back to Proconnect again. Proseries is great, except when it comes to this.... and dont look too far because a lot of desktop programs dont allow for this!

Enjoy! 

ydaleu
Level 3

do the return manually and uncheck the electronic file on the return. and you are able to print the return without the fake S. S.  

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Agree white out wouldn't look professional but using a PDF editor would work like a charm, except it does take a bit of work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers