Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Unemployment Client Analyzer Query

BigDarrell
Level 2

I ran the new Client Analyzer Unemployment Query and printed a list of the Home Base files that were identified.  When I was reviewing the list I identified 3 returns (so far) that have unemployment benefits that the query did NOT identify.  Has anyone else run into this problem? 

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
TheydonotCARE
Level 2

Yes, I noticed the same thing. I have only found 2 that ProSeries missed so far, but I plan to go through all of my 1040 returns manually since the analyzer tool is not catching all of them.

0 Cheers
BigDarrell
Level 2

I am up to 4 clients now as I am going through all 313 clients in our home base.  It seems to be returns with AGI under the standard deduction after the unemployment reduction.  Although it would not affect Income Tax, it will potentially affect other credits and the state returns, if applicable.

0 Cheers
ljsmith2
Level 4

I ran the Analyzer for Unemployment when it first became available and again today. I noticed it did not list a client who's AGI was over $150,000. Once they update the program on Friday I will do another Query to see if it has changed. I do have to say that even excluding the unemployment from this particular client, they would not qualify for the exclusion but it does alert me that not all clients are being identified. I would prefer to know ALL clients and make my own determination and note their file. Hoping the update tomorrow will help.

0 Cheers